Jumbo Oval Shaped Set of 2 Disc Cutters in Wood Box
- Jumbo Oval Set of 2
- 28mm x 40mm
- 35mm x 50mm
These disk cutter sets are used to produced disks of metal from soft precious metals such as gold, silver or copper up to 20 gauge thick. Other jewelry metals such as copper, brass, and nickel silver can also be cut using care and common sense. Use with a mallet or in a hydraulic press. These top quality India made sets are extremely well made using properly hardened tool steel. The edges of the cutting discs are very sharp and are individually fitted to the matching holes with extremely close tolerances. The wood box has round shaped holes for storing the heart shaped cutters. Made in India.
How to use a disk cutter:
- Use a disk cutter on top of a rubber pad for support.
- Use a cutting lubricant, like Stay Sharp, to lubricate the cutting edges of the punch.
- Use a suitable mallet, never a nail driving hammer. We suggest brass mallets.
- Always support the opposite side of the cutter with a sheet of the same diameter metal that you are cutting. This will help keep the upper and lower parts of the disk cutter in alignment and help minimize material sticking in the disk cutter.
- Do not exceed the maximum thickness recommended for your disk cutter.
- Only cut soft non-ferrous metals like brass, copper, silver and gold.
- Make sure your cutting edges are down.
- To prevent rust, keep your disk cutter lubricated between use and store in a dry location
- We recommend to use this with a 95 duometer urethane pad to extend the life of the cutters