Oval Shaped Set of 7 Disc Cutters in Wood Box
- 125.1751 Oval Set of 7
- 6x4mm, 8x6mm, 10x8mm, 10x12mm, 14x10mm, 16x14mm, 18x16mm
How to use a disk cutter:
- Use a disk cutter on top of a rubber pad for support.
- Use a cutting lubricant, like Stay Sharp, to lubricate the cutting edges of the punch.
- Use a suitable mallet, never a nail driving hammer. We suggest brass mallets.
- Always support the opposite side of the cutter with a sheet of the same diameter metal that you are cutting. This will help keep the upper and lower parts of the disk cutter in alignment and help minimize material sticking in the disk cutter.
- Do not exceed the maximum thickness recommended for your disk cutter.
- Only cut soft non-ferrous metals like brass, copper, silver and gold.
- Make sure your cutting edges are down.
- To prevent rust, keep your disk cutter lubricated between use and store in a dry location
- We recommend to use this with a 95 duometer urethane pad to extend the life of the cutters
Ratings & Reviews
A little rust but it's working now
by LH -
I bought this and it came a bit rusted. I originally asked to return it, and Otto Frei was super about the whole thing. But as I was packing it up I thought : "are we not metalsmiths?" And so I filed and polished the rust off it and oiled it. It works fine now. Sometimes you need to gently tap out the metal because the punch gets stuck in the cutter, but that's typical for these.